matching keys

wild foamy
This post is 5847 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

my DT50 ignition key doesnt fit the steering lock or the other lock under the back seat (cant hink of what its called)

is there a way i can get either a steering lock, ignition switch and lock that uses the same set of keys (i.e. buy them as a whole set) or somehow get a key cut to fit the original locks?

- Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You`ll need to buy a complete lockset, probably expensive from a main dealer or try Ebay.

Most proper locksmiths will be able to cut a key to suit the lock, my brother had one cut to fit his bike, just needed to remove lock and leave it with shop.

Decent Lockies and cutting shops should be able to impression the lock and cut suitable keys without having to remove them at all.

They do it with cars all the time.

You can even make one yourself out of a hacksaw blade.

Plenty of guides on the internet that explain how - They can then cut a proper one from that.

Some locks have a code on them that can be used to form keys.

If you have one, try a smaller independent key place.

Often cheaper and more capable than the chain places!!

Edit: Pop over here to Reading and enquire at the Key/Shoe place in the Broad Street Mall.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online