Yamaha sr125 Chain and sprocket help needed

Hardrive
This post is 5851 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys me again lol

Well going through the sr 125 with a dalts of salts and took the chain cover off and noticed that the rear and front sprockets are hooked. Like the teeth are hooked if you know what I mean and the chain seems slack as there is roughly an inch movment from where it rests normaly upwards and about an inch downwards and a bit of play from side to side if i push it towards the bike itself...

There is enough adjustment for two clicks if you know what i mean dont know if thats going to be enough?

Also the nuts with the split pins that go through the rear wheel I suppose need to be torked does anyone know what bar/nm this has to be and can I only do the job if I have a tourke wrench as I dont but would have to get one if I have to have it...Biggest problem I have the nearest bike shop that does repair is about 30 miles away and never riden that far before. and a bit dubious now ive seen the chain and sprockets.......

a walkthrough for the yamaha sr125 would be great or any help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys me again lol

Well going through the sr 125 with a dalts of salts and took the chain cover off and noticed that the rear and front sprockets are hooked. Like the teeth are hooked if you know what I mean and the chain seems slack as there is roughly an inch movment from where it rests normaly upwards and about an inch downwards and a bit of play from side to side if i push it towards the bike itself...

There is enough adjustment for two clicks if you know what i mean dont know if thats going to be enough?

Also the nuts with the split pins that go through the rear wheel I suppose need to be torked does anyone know what bar/nm this has to be and can I only do the job if I have a tourke wrench as I dont but would have to get one if I have to have it...Biggest problem I have the nearest bike shop that does repair is about 30 miles away and never riden that far before. and a bit dubious now ive seen the chain and sprockets.......

a walkthrough for the yamaha sr125 would be great or any help

You chain and sprockets are completely worn out, I would not ride the bike until they are replaced.

I know I sould not ride till its done I can get the chain and sprokets but need advice to fit them?

They easy enuff to fit if you have a basic mechanical knowledge, but if you have not got a clue I could write an article on how to do it .. catch me on MSN [email protected]

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online