Yamaha r6-r not starting

mat4
This post is 5767 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have a 2006 yamaha r6r and it has developed a big problem, it wont start. The symptoms are as follows:- When I insert the key and turn it the clocks all light up as usual but the immobiliser light keeps flashing and here is no sound as usual from the fuel pump and the coolent temperature guage reads HI. The engine turns on the starter but will not start.

I am pulling my hair out as any so called help from yamaha will cost a fortune!

Any ideas as to the problem would be greatly apreciated, thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i bet you have done this but check all your levels are alright. Check the engine for any signs of leakage

i bet you have done this but check all your levels are alright. Check the engine for any signs of leakage

Yes I have done this but will re check all levels, thanks. I dont know what prevents the engine from starting the owners manual is vaig are you saying the engine has some sort of "self preservation system" that prevents it from starting if oil or coolent are low?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online