a newbie that needs help,lol

will j
This post is 5870 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,my names will,and am desparatly seeking info about my fzx 700,i have recentky brought a c reg fzx 700,and am having problems,the bike has been street fightered and i am trying to find out what the original engine/carbs specs are?i also am expriencing running problems,so,here we go,lol,upon starting my fzx,it will not fire unless it is given full throttle,it then will just sit at about 1,000 rpm what ever the throttle position is,tho if u close the throttle off it will just stop,i have also noticed that if you give it any choke,it kills the engine,upon looking more into it,i have found that the no'1 cylinder is not firing straight away,but as soon as the engine is warmed up it fires and the bike runs on all 4 and runs fine,it will tick over no problem,and seems responsive all the wat through the rev range,i am also getting a mist coming out of the top of the air filters(ram air)so...can any body help me here,a i have done a compression teat on the bike when cold,and all th cylinders build compression fine besides no'1,i have put oil down this barrel and the compression then shoots up to nearly the same as the other 3,which i would say indicated that the piston rings are at fault(either sticking,or 1 has broken,but the engine does not burn oil and does not lose water,so can any1 shed any light on this subject,or give advice,as i am baffled and am beginning to run out of ideas,i would also like to find out,what the readings should come out as for the compression test,what psi should it be putting out?it reads at the moment(cold)about 90 psi on the 3 that i think are ok,n about 45 on the 1 that seems to have the problem, yours confused,will j.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.