FZR air pipe

mikethecamera
This post is 5702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest Exupnutta

That's a breather pipe, right?

If it's anything like the 1000, then there is a bracket with a metal bit of pipe sticking out, below the carbs, near the crank.

Or it's a pipe that sticks out of the Crankcase.

HTH

Olli

That's a breather pipe, right?

If it's anything like the 1000, then there is a bracket with a metal bit of pipe sticking out, below the carbs, near the crank.

Or it's a pipe that sticks out of the Crankcase.

HTH

Olli

Theres two pipes, a thick and a thin, the thick one is crankcase breather, thats ok, its the thin one i cant find where to connect,

Cheers

Mike

Guest Exupnutta

Theres two pipes, a thick and a thin, the thick one is crankcase breather, thats ok, its the thin one i cant find where to connect,

Cheers

Mike

Wot year is it? I have a haynes manual... can have a look for you :)

Guest Exupnutta

Must admit that I know nothing about these bikes, But i'm wondering...Could it be a condensation drain pipe that doesnt actually connect to anything but is routed down somewhere for the water to drain to the road?

Could be, yes, not sure though :D:unsure:

The metal bracket I was describing actually goes nowhere. It's just a breather or drain point, but had a think and that bracket takes 2 breather pipes for the carbs. :blink:

100_3261-1.jpg

I need a year and is it a uk model?

Guest Exupnutta

Hi

Thanks for help, its a 1989 fzr600 3he,

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I've had a look in the manual and I think it just hangs down like the Oldgit said.

To be sure though, can you take a pic for us?

PM me with it :)

Regards,

Olli