Help With Wiring on a YN50

streetdragster
This post is 5856 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I hope you can help me, i'm 27 and like in the UK, i know this forum doesn't seem to cater for scooters, but the other scooter forums i've found seemed to have 16 year old chavs trying to squeeze 80mph from their peds, they will be no help to me.

I've just taken on a project for a friend which is a Scooter, a Yamaha YN50 Neos. Its on a 2002 plate, however looking online i believe most of the accurate detail (owners manuals and such like) is covered for it in the 2004 manual. The bike has the digital fuel gauge and the injection engine.

The bike appears to have a large power drain and no tail/number plate light. On investigatation it looks like some absolutely useless owner has 'wired' in a new ignition switch, and totally c0cked it up.

Does anyone have an accurate wiring diagram for this bike? I've ordered one of these workshop manuals off ebay, but it appears to be for the 2002 bike (correct for the year) but it doesn't have the same wiring for the speedo

I have three areas of concern with the wiring that i'm hopeing you can help me with.....

1) The ignition switch, it has a Red, a Black/White tracer, a grey, a brown, and a black wire.

2) A resistor/regulator type device on the forks, its has a black, anotehr black, a yellow and a red wire.

3) The loom has these wires, white, black, yellow/red tracer, red, black/white tracer, grey, black, and a yellow

can anyone help me trace these wires out?

Thanks

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online