Thundercat YZF 600r

Moxxberg
This post is 5810 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

in regards to maintenance.... i jsut brought my bike in to get an oil change and the tech recommended that i get a service done to it... he said every 4k miles it should be reserviced.... that seems a bit excessive... anyways its at 9k miles right now and i was wondering what should i do ? its only had its very first service the 800 miles or so and regular oil changes

any help greatly appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

in regards to maintenance.... i jsut brought my bike in to get an oil change and the tech recommended that i get a service done to it... he said every 4k miles it should be reserviced.... that seems a bit excessive... anyways its at 9k miles right now and i was wondering what should i do ? its only had its very first service the 800 miles or so and regular oil changes

any help greatly appreciated

After 2000 Thundercats Serice Interval changed to every 6k (was previously 4K), however that's the UK not sure about the States.

A regular service in IMO is vital to keep your bike running properley. There's more than just changing oil that needs to be done. From changing Spark plugs, regreasing the swingarm/headstock making sure all structal bolts are tight .blah blah blah

If it's gone 8k without a service (other than Oil change) then I would recommend one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online