1976 yz125c aircooled engine help

This post is 5713 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

can anybody help me i am planing on rebuilding my old yz125c aircooled 1976 . i took it apart when i was younger and lost most of the bottom end as you do.

the engine number is *1F9-006024* when i done some recent reserch on the web the number came back as a dt125f 1976

did they use the same bottom end? when i also looked at photos my engine it looks like the yz one in the photos on the web as far as the cylinder head and barrel are so is it possible it could be a dt bottom end with the yz top end will it go together? and last but not least do you know any good classic mx breakers or where to find a complete engine

any help would be very appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

can anybody help me i am planing on rebuilding my old yz125c aircooled 1976 . i took it apart when i was younger and lost most of the bottom end as you do.

the engine number is *1F9-006024* when i done some recent reserch on the web the number came back as a dt125f 1976

did they use the same bottom end? when i also looked at photos my engine it looks like the yz one in the photos on the web as far as the cylinder head and barrel are so is it possible it could be a dt bottom end with the yz top end will it go together? and last but not least do you know any good classic mx breakers or where to find a complete engine

any help would be very appreciated

The US Vin for your bike started with 537-000101 and ended with 014044, don't know about UK. The bottom ends are much different from the YZ to the DT. Did you purchase new?

The US Vin for your bike started with 537-000101 and ended with 014044, don't know about UK. The bottom ends are much different from the YZ to the DT. Did you purchase new?

no it was not new so the whole engine might not be original. i think i will try and find a complete engine but i think it might be hard over here as you dont see many early ones!. could i ask you another question do you know if the yamaha yz250 aircooled engines 1982 are the same as the it250 ones 1982 model and if not whats the differance thanks for time gary.

no it was not new so the whole engine might not be original. i think i will try and find a complete engine but i think it might be hard over here as you dont see many early ones!. could i ask you another question do you know if the yamaha yz250 aircooled engines 1982 are the same as the it250 ones 1982 model and if not whats the differance thanks for time gary.

The 1982 YZ 250 in the US was liquid cooled. Any air cooled model YZ, IT engines have differences as they were designed for different purposes. They will interchange frame to frame from the same year if that is what your looking for.