Fuse wire for 1980 xs250

abusimbel
This post is 5857 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, this is my first post as I just recently bought a 1980 xs250. The fuse for the front light was blown so just to make sure the lights actually worked I temporarily put some domestic 15 amp fuse wire across the ceramic holder. The lights do work I found out but I would like to replace it with the 8 amp wire it calls for. I have searched this forum and the internet and the only place that seemed to have what I am looking for is http://www.4-motorcycles.co.uk/acatalog/Fuses___Holders.html that has a 7.5 amp fuse but there is no picture so I am not sure it will work with the ceramic holders. I have never seen fuses like these before. Does anyone have an idea where I can get the replacement wire or if there is a different type of fuse that could be used in place of these (glass housed fuses...maybe)? Thanks much.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there, if its the same type of fuse as in the picture its just an ordinary blade type fuse which you should should be able to get from any automotive store or hardware store and in the right amperage for your lighting circuit.

Regards

Bill

Hello, this is my first post as I just recently bought a 1980 xs250. The fuse for the front light was blown so just to make sure the lights actually worked I temporarily put some domestic 15 amp fuse wire across the ceramic holder. The lights do work I found out but I would like to replace it with the 8 amp wire it calls for. I have searched this forum and the internet and the only place that seemed to have what I am looking for is http://www.4-motorcycles.co.uk/acatalog/Fuses___Holders.html that has a 7.5 amp fuse but there is no picture so I am not sure it will work with the ceramic holders. I have never seen fuses like these before. Does anyone have an idea where I can get the replacement wire or if there is a different type of fuse that could be used in place of these (glass housed fuses...maybe)? Thanks much.

As Far I remember the lighting fuse was 10 amp not 7.5 but that was for the UK, maybe different for different parts of the world. But the electrics on this modal were pretty good so you may not have to replace it again once replaced, unless you have a fault........

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online