Hi All

Jay!
This post is 5857 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is John (AKA Jay), live in Cumbernauld outside Glasgow and I'm 21 years old.

For the last 4 years I've been totally into my cars, had 7 in 4 yrs and love the high end cars, BMW's & Audi's. (Driving an A3 just now). I'm starting to look past all that and have done ever since my mate got me into bikes.

My mate has an old GSX-R600 and he took me out on it, we also went to the MCN show in Edinburgh and ever since then I've been hooked on bikes. A while back I passed my CBT and my Theory test. At that time my wallet couldn't stretch as far as moving straight to DAS for the big bikes but soon I hope.

Anyways, I'm loving the R6 at the min - was originally a fan of the GSX-R but with a mixture of how hot the bikes are and watching Rossi in the MotoGP I'm stuck on Yamahas. :D

I was just looking to know if there were any younger guys out there like I that have an R6 just now and what you think of it. Also I have no idea about Motorcycle insurance, is this bike too big for my first? What sort of cost is to be expected at my age with this type of bike?

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Jay

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Jay and welcome to the forum, glad to hear youve been converted, Weve had this post many times before, usually answers from two camps, Camp 1 will say yes too much of a crotch rocket for inexperienced hands, look at something like Fazer etc (im in that camp)

Camp 2 will be R6 and R1 Owners who will say go for it, just like they did and never had any problems!

In the end you'll be none the wiser and will no doubt do what you think is right for you.

Take care on them fast bikes mind! ;)