87 Yamaha Genesis 750

c1run1
This post is 5855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello ,

Is it worth restoring ? Not work my bad .

A friend of mine gave me this bike , i'm not sure where to begin . It needs a complete over hall .

Looking it over with out even trying to start it i can see it's going to need alot of work .

It's been sitting out side for 4 or 5 years , plus it was sitting at some back yard bike shop for who knows how long .

As it is i have other projects that are in front of this so i'm in no rush . I'll just buy parts here and there to start .

But is it really worth it ? i don't see many of these bikes around but i also have not looked very long either .

Are parts hard to find ?

your 2 cents will be well considered .

Thanks Joe

Picture432.jpg

Picture433.jpg

Picture434.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it already looks pretty good

I think it would a good fun project to do, it is a yammy aswell so the answer is always yes

well keep in mind i cleaned it a hit , it was dropped two times , what your not seeing is all the mess , bent hadle bars leaks oil , chan and trans needs to be fixed , battery needed lights broken plus the plastics . Cables missing and god know what else .

well keep in mind i cleaned it a hit , it was dropped two times , what your not seeing is all the mess , bent hadle bars leaks oil , chan and trans needs to be fixed , battery needed lights broken plus the plastics . Cables missing and god know what else .

Well if you don't want it, give it to me I can give it a good home :rolleyes:

Regards Jim

I ride an FZr1000 and that looks like a sound basis fo a project - but be awae you may have to spend quite a bit for a full restoration. If it was me i would be looking to it over a year with a top-end rebuild, caliper rebuild (funnily enough thee are some refurbed gold calipes on ebay at the mo), cab rebuild and full suspension rebuild. plus new c&s kit, wheel beaings etc.

Go for it, but get eady to use ebay a lot! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online