New member with VRR 150

mgjackson69
This post is 5816 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and to Yamaha ownership.

Some background:

I have been riding since I was 15 years, about 30 years now, both on- and off-road. I have always owned Honda and Harley-Davidson, doing the maintenance and most of the mechanical work myself. The only Yamaha that I have been around was back in 1982, my friend bought a new 550 Maxim that year. I rode it a few times, it was a very nice bike.

Recently a VRR 150 was acquired for me here in Thailand by my wife. I am not sure of the model year. I did not even see the bike until after it was purchased <shrug> for the princely sum of 2400 Thai baht (about 71 US dollars at current exchange). I rode the bike a little bit and can see that it will be an ongoing project to put it in the kind of condition that I want.

The thing is, I know zip about 2-strokes, never having owned one and only ridden one a few times.

If anyone can provide some info and/or links to two-strokes in general and this motorcycle in particular that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and to Yamaha ownership.

Some background:

I have been riding since I was 15 years, about 30 years now, both on- and off-road. I have always owned Honda and Harley-Davidson, doing the maintenance and most of the mechanical work myself. The only Yamaha that I have been around was back in 1982, my friend bought a new 550 Maxim that year. I rode it a few times, it was a very nice bike.

Recently a VRR 150 was acquired for me here in Thailand by my wife. I am not sure of the model year. I did not even see the bike until after it was purchased <shrug> for the princely sum of 2400 Thai baht (about 71 US dollars at current exchange). I rode the bike a little bit and can see that it will be an ongoing project to put it in the kind of condition that I want.

The thing is, I know zip about 2-strokes, never having owned one and only ridden one a few times.

If anyone can provide some info and/or links to two-strokes in general and this motorcycle in particular that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Welome, got any pics of this vrr?

In tems of two-strokes, is it premix or oil-injection? My thoughts about two-strokes is to start it and warm it up for a minute befoe you ride off. This lessens the chance of it misfiing (known as four-stroking), change the plugs evey 1000 -1500 miles if you want it to start good everytime.

good luck

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online