FZ1 (Naked model) 2008

FZ147
This post is 5880 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, I am trying to find a suitable aftermarket can for my FZ1. I've never had one before and apart from the choice out there I've come across an obstacle that even some of the dealers can't advise me on.

The standard exhaust and can as you will know is also a cat. convertor and has a lambda sensor attached to it. My dealer has advised that the sensor should be retained, even with an aftermarket can. Here lies the problem.

I am looking for a small carbon or stainless can together with a connecting tail pipe. Can anyone please give me advice re. the lambda sensor and suggest which makes of can might come complete with a fitment suitable to attach it to?

Thanks,

Keith

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there, I am trying to find a suitable aftermarket can for my FZ1. I've never had one before and apart from the choice out there I've come across an obstacle that even some of the dealers can't advise me on.

The standard exhaust and can as you will know is also a cat. convertor and has a lambda sensor attached to it. My dealer has advised that the sensor should be retained, even with an aftermarket can. Here lies the problem.

I am looking for a small carbon or stainless can together with a connecting tail pipe. Can anyone please give me advice re. the lambda sensor and suggest which makes of can might come complete with a fitment suitable to attach it to?

Thanks,

Keith

hi there i have just fitted a yoshi can to my 06 fz1 i took out lambda sensornot a hard job just a bit fidly it comes off with the old can but its the 2cables and the motor under the seat you have to take out as well i also had to fit a bolt in a rubber hose next to the air box but that was just to quite the exhaust down as it would back fire alot(sounded gtreat but dont need to draw that muitch attetion to my self)the down side to it is yhe fuel i now use but its still worth it bike looks and sounds mint will have to learn how to put pics in here for you to see.

regards ray