Yamaha YBR 125 Fuel type

Maggerz
This post is 5706 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello.

I own a Yamaha YBR125 which I have ridden since March and its possibly the best thing i've ever bought. I am very impressed with the performance, handling, and economy. It's great in towns and on twisty lanes. I am wondering if perhaps I could start running it on High Octane fuel such as BP Ultimate or any of the branded types you find at garages? I have only put standard unleaded in there until now but I wondered if it might help the smooth running of the bike and perhaps make it a tad faster? <_< I would be interested if anyone else uses High Octane in a YBR and has noticed a difference?

Sorry it's such a long post!

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it ought to make absolutely no difference, except of course costing you more money. If it was that easy to make an engine perform better then we would all be using optimax, tesco99 etc . The vast majority of engines are designed to run on unleaded. Until you start tuning it, unleaded is perfectly adequate.

• 2 weeks later...

it ought to make absolutely no difference, except of course costing you more money. If it was that easy to make an engine perform better then we would all be using optimax, tesco99 etc . The vast majority of engines are designed to run on unleaded. Until you start tuning it, unleaded is perfectly adequate.

I won't bother then! Thanks for your help.

I use only Shell's fuel.

I have used 100oct gasoline some times.

I would say that there is a litle bit more power -about +5%- when using for ex. Shell VpowerRacing (100oct) instead of pure Unleaded (of the same brand) but the price at least here in Greece is +15% for VpowerRacing so I don't think anyone should bother trying to get more power from gasoline only...

It is wiser to try changing the air filter, rejeting the carb, changing the exaust etc. but when you think of all these mayby it is better to think for another bike :rolleyes:

I use only Shell's fuel.

I have used 100oct gasoline some times.

I would say that there is a litle bit more power -about +5%- when using for ex. Shell VpowerRacing (100oct) instead of pure Unleaded (of the same brand) but the price at least here in Greece is +15% for VpowerRacing so I don't think anyone should bother trying to get more power from gasoline only...

It is wiser to try changing the air filter, rejeting the carb, changing the exaust etc. but when you think of all these mayby it is better to think for another bike :rolleyes:

yep

+you dont really get moddification parts for ybr's

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online