Howdy

FZ6-Stu
This post is 5884 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

new to the forum so that I'd post up and introduce myself.

Name is Stuart and I'm from Aberdeen. Just passed my test the other day and have purchased a brand new Fz6 (getting registered Monday).

I work as a Network Security Analyst and Technical Consultant which unfortunately means using the bike for commuting is impossible - kind of hard to carry servers etc on a bike!

Very much looking forward to gettting out on the road to practice and get used to the bike. I'm booking advanced lessons with an ex motorbike cop in the coming weeks and would like to achieve some sort of advanced riding certification. Will be a challenge, but I want to be as safe and as capable as I can before exploring the limits of the machine.

Insurance for the bike seems very reasonable, I'm paying £293 Fuly comp. Thats with 0 no claims on the bike, declaring my points (3), 1 x fault accident in a car (wasn't actually my fault but because I hit the knobs rear quarter....) and the fact that I'm an insulin controlled Diabetic.

look forward to talking with you all and I will no doubt bombard you with questions.

Whats the general opinion on the FZ6? I personally think it's a lovely bike....but is there anything to look out for, known faults / quirks etc?

Are there any members in the Aberdeen area?

Take care all.

-Stuart

PS: pick the bike up Monday, so will get some pics up of the bike and myself looking podgy (me being podgy, not the bike!) :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Stuart. Welcome aboard.

Personally, I really like the FZ6, especially in its faired guise. I've not yet ridden one but will get a loan one next week when the TDM gets its first service. I'm looking forward to riding it and getting the chance to compare its performance against my old R6.

As far as location, I am as far away in the UK from you as I can be. Any further south and I'd have wet feet. However, there's a lot of people in this 'ere forum.