YBR 125 Lighting problems

deverett666
This post is 5786 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Having problems with my YBR Lights.

Main Beam works perfectly but headlight has an intermittent fault which make the light appear to flash, checked the bulb and connections as best i can and cleaned the terminals.

Doesn't happen all the time which makes it even more frustrating, local garage say they can't find any thing wrong. Anybody else had these issues and can you help resolve the problems

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can you add a little detail, when you say flash, what exactly do you mean? light on and flashes off and back on is what i assume you mean

Hi, Yeah that is basically what i mean. Very annoying problem. I had the garage i usually use tell me it might be the regulator or rectifier(???) or an earthing problem. They weren't very helpful.

Yes. I have the same problem at the moment with my '08 YBR. Sometimes you can start the bike up and the headlight won't start on its own. It will just run on the little DRL (daylight running light). It takes a tap on the lens and the headlight will normally come on. I have also had the same problem with the light flashing. It looks like a strobe light sometimes, i'm guessing its the same problem that you have had. I've tried cleaning the terminals etc. Its quite a dangerous fault as it could look like you're flashing someone out at a junction etc. :o I have taken to riding with my full beam on in the day etc for safety until I get the problem sorted.

Glad i'm not the only one, deverett666!

So it only happens on dipped then?

Yeah, only happens on dipped. Main beam works works without fault and i have taken to doing the same as Maggerz, running on main beam. Was going to change the bulb to see if that helped but i can't see a fault in the present one.

Cheers

Yeah, only happens on dipped. Main beam works works without fault and i have taken to doing the same as Maggerz, running on main beam. Was going to change the bulb to see if that helped but i can't see a fault in the present one.

Cheers

Change that bulb anyway is what i recommend...reccomend...never could spell that :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online