Hi

danic
This post is 5563 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and to riding/owning. I've just bought a 1989 TT600 but am struggling to find content/mods/parts on the net but do have a Clymer manual which seems only to cover models up to 1986, hoping this will do!?

Anyway any knowledge or advice much appreciated as I want to rebuild this bike and learn all about them in the process.

Thanks and look forward to replies,

David

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and to riding/owning. I've just bought a 1989 TT600 but am struggling to find content/mods/parts on the net but do have a Clymer manual which seems only to cover models up to 1986, hoping this will do!?

Anyway any knowledge or advice much appreciated as I want to rebuild this bike and learn all about them in the process.

Thanks and look forward to replies,

David

Hi David,

i only read your question recently. I belive the 1986 model is not that different from the 1989 TT600, so you should be okay. I use a 1984 XT600 shop manual for my 2002 TT600R, the basic set-up of the engine has not changed.

For parts, check www.kedo.de. They have loads of new parts for your TT

Steve

Thanks Steve!

Thats great, just what I was needing as I'm really struggling to find parts, perfect, thanks

It's not easy getting started but got the manual and have made a start so fingers crossed. :D

David

Let me know if you can't find some particular part, i know some people how have loads of spare of 'old-skool' TT's. Also, there is some guy selling a lot of parts on e-bay. However, he is selling it as TT600R parts (and they are not ....)

Also, i maintain a website www.tt600r.nl ... if you sent a picture of your bike and progress, i will put it there (if you want, off course)

Take care

Steve

• 6 months later...

Hi again Steve,

sorry it's been so long but I've really been stuck in!

Had a couple of minor problems. Firstly, the ignition sysytem was a miss because someone at some stage has wired indicators in and did a poor job so after tidying that and earthing the coil it started! It ran well but then on a cold start and idling for about ten seconds it clunked and died. I was really worried as the kickstarter wouldn't move.

After plucking up the courage I took the head off and saw that the cam sprocket bolts were loose and in fact one had jammed the sprocket hard against the casing hence the kickstarter not budging. An easy fix by just replacing the bolts.

I'mreassembling it this weekend and will update and send pics then.

Thanks,

David.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online