SR 250 engine in SR 125

-lw-
This post is 5871 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, has somebody expierience with building a yamaha sr 250 engine in the sr 125?

Does somebody now wether it works, because at the sr 125 the exhaust comes out of the engine at the left side and at sr 250 it comes out of the engine at the right side.

:DSorry for my bad english :D

leon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, has somebody expierience with building a yamaha sr 250 engine in the sr 125?

Does somebody now wether it works, because at the sr 125 the exhaust comes out of the engine at the left side and at sr 250 it comes out of the engine at the right side.

:DSorry for my bad english :D

leon

Hi - and don't worry about your english it's far better than my German!!

If the frame is the same then there is no reason why you couldn't (with a bit of modification) fit the bigger engine......BUT and here's the 'rub' - You may well have to uprate both the brakes and the forks and use a carb and pipes which suit the 250cc engine, all of which might make the project not worth it in the long run - but someone with more experience of this type of conversion could put you straight.

Let us know what you decide.

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online