What is the actual Year?

junker
This post is 5754 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

MY Fz600 Has The Frame Stamped with the MFR date being in 1987, yet the title says 1988. I was curious so i looked at my truck, and the sticker on the inside part of the door says 1989, but the title said it was a 1990!

I figure i either got scammed into buying two stolen vehicles from two different people (what are the odds)... :unsure::huh: Orrrrrr... the manufacture date is a year earlier because they didn't hit the sales floor until the following year.

SO my BIG question is; when i go to get parts do i order them per the year on the frame or on the title?

thx-The Junker

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

MY Fz600 Has The Frame Stamped with the MFR date being in 1987, yet the title says 1988. I was curious so i looked at my truck, and the sticker on the inside part of the door says 1989, but the title said it was a 1990!

I figure i either got scammed into buying two stolen vehicles from two different people (what are the odds)... :unsure::huh: Orrrrrr... the manufacture date is a year earlier because they didn't hit the sales floor until the following year.

SO my BIG question is; when i go to get parts do i order them per the year on the frame or on the title?

thx-The Junker

Vehicle models always start before the calendar year. They are closing out the 2008 models now and will be bringing out the 2009's soon if they haven't already. Not only that, but in many cases they are manufactured some time before they get shipped to the dealer and sold.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online