I am starting to look incontinent

7omly
This post is 5717 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I wonder if anyone can offer any help or suggestions.

My 97 Divvy 600 has started to absorb water into the seat just at the point behind the petrol tank.

I discovered this when I set off riding and felt my inner thighs became damp, (you wouldn't want that sentence taken out of context would you).

It appears to be seeping out of the side stitching on the seat when I sit on it. By pushing down on it I have discovered it is seeping out through the stitching holes. Other than this the seat cover looks like new.

It is becoming a pain because I am having to wear waterproofs when the weather is dry or I still get wet.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to remedy this because when I get off the bike and walk around town (sporting two considerable damp patchs) I am sure people must think I am incontinent.

If anyone has suffered the same problem and cured it I would greatly appreciate their help.

All the best and safe riding

7omly

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wonder if anyone can offer any help or suggestions.

My 97 Divvy 600 has started to absorb water into the seat just at the point behind the petrol tank.

I discovered this when I set off riding and felt my inner thighs became damp, (you wouldn't want that sentence taken out of context would you).

It appears to be seeping out of the side stitching on the seat when I sit on it. By pushing down on it I have discovered it is seeping out through the stitching holes. Other than this the seat cover looks like new.

It is becoming a pain because I am having to wear waterproofs when the weather is dry or I still get wet.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to remedy this because when I get off the bike and walk around town (sporting two considerable damp patchs) I am sure people must think I am incontinent.

If anyone has suffered the same problem and cured it I would greatly appreciate their help.

All the best and safe riding

7omly

Sounds like the only cure would be a seat recovering, dosnt cost the earth, they would probably dry the foam out before refitting cover. I know a place up in yorkshire that does it. You could have a go yourself if your clever with a staple gun.

The only time ive encountered this is with my old zzr600, she had a little rip in the seat and when it rained It gave the same results. You may have to leave the seat in a vertical manner to let all water run out. Maybe putting a bag over it when your not using it may help keep the wet out. But as I said before, I guess a new seat covering would be the answer really. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, at the moment I have it covered with a shower blanket under the waterproof cover I use.

The seat looks as new with no rips at all so I am loath to replace the seat, (I need all my cash anyway to replace the exhaust sytem bedcause the baffles are rattling more than two skeletons shagging on a tin roof).

I am going to try sealing the stitching points with nikwax and see how that goes.

Safe riding and all the best

7omly

(I need all my cash anyway to replace the exhaust sytem because the baffles are rattling more than two skeletons shagging on a tin roof).

7omly

Fookin funny as fook mate. :lol: . Had my OH laughing her bits off with that. Nice one. Good luck with the nic wax, may have to do a re-application every once and a while.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online