r1 problem

fletch-r1
This post is 5885 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi people im new to yamaha's and this site.

my problem is ive just bought a mint 98 r1 in red and white but i think its vibrating more than it should. do r1's vibrate. also its got quite a loud squeeling noise around 7000rpm.ive just had the carbs balanced and changed the chain and sprockets. im used to vtwins so it might be just me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi people im new to yamaha's and this site.

my problem is ive just bought a mint 98 r1 in red and white but i think its vibrating more than it should. do r1's vibrate. also its got quite a loud squeeling noise around 7000rpm.ive just had the carbs balanced and changed the chain and sprockets. im used to vtwins so it might be just me.

hello mate i've got a 98 R1 all the ones i've ridden have vibrated enough to make my hand go numb but only around town once up at higher speeds it does'nt seem a problem as for the squeeling not a clue.

hello mate i've got a 98 R1 all the ones i've ridden have vibrated enough to make my hand go numb but only around town once up at higher speeds it does'nt seem a problem as for the squeeling not a clue.

im used to v twins and mines got a standard can so ive being putting it down to the 4 pots noise difference. on yours in 3rd at around 4500rpm does yours seem a bit flat then pick up around 7ish.?

i thought it would be like a rocket with all the hipe the 98/99 models had. but its not any quicker than my tl-r.

thanks mark

im used to v twins and mines got a standard can so ive being putting it down to the 4 pots noise difference. on yours in 3rd at around 4500rpm does yours seem a bit flat then pick up around 7ish.?

i thought it would be like a rocket with all the hipe the 98/99 models had. but its not any quicker than my tl-r.

thanks mark

it sounds like the exup is not working i've got a full system so no exup do you get a whirring noise when you turn it on?. i also changed the gearing so it pulls like a steam train (lifts the front wheel in 1st 2nd and 3rd :blink: )another thing to check does the rev counter move when you turn the bike on if it goes straight up to 7000 thats the fualt code for the exup.Dan

it sounds like the exup is not working i've got a full system so no exup do you get a whirring noise when you turn it on?. i also changed the gearing so it pulls like a steam train (lifts the front wheel in 1st 2nd and 3rd :blink: )another thing to check does the rev counter move when you turn the bike on if it goes straight up to 7000 thats the fualt code for the exup.Dan

cheers dan

it makes like a squeek when i turn the key before starting? but ive just been out on it and noticed theres oil coming out of the left engine cover(generator cover) whilst it was stood.not good i know. but the whining noise is still there when you pull the clutch in. its driving me mad.

mark

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online