HELP!!

skullarms
This post is 5873 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

Thanks drewpy and yoda for your replies regarding my TR1 blowing back through the carbs, I have checked the ignition and the coils are the right way round, someone suggested it could be the TCI unit, electronic ignition i think? If this is the case then the bike is getting scrapped because I can't afford another one!!

Is there any way to re-wire the bike without electronic ignition? Or a simpler way that may remove the TCI unit, or a cheap replacement for it??

I need all the help I can get as this has been holding me up for months now and I'm starting to lose the will to finish it, would be a shame to scrap it now but getting to the end of my patience and bank balance!

As usual thanks for any help you guys can give me

Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all,

Thanks drewpy and yoda for your replies regarding my TR1 blowing back through the carbs, I have checked the ignition and the coils are the right way round, someone suggested it could be the TCI unit, electronic ignition i think? If this is the case then the bike is getting scrapped because I can't afford another one!!

Is there any way to re-wire the bike without electronic ignition? Or a simpler way that may remove the TCI unit, or a cheap replacement for it??

I need all the help I can get as this has been holding me up for months now and I'm starting to lose the will to finish it, would be a shame to scrap it now but getting to the end of my patience and bank balance!

As usual thanks for any help you guys can give me

Andy

hey man don't give up, try here http://www.tr1.de/

german but speak english

Drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online