DT Dep pipe leaking

Ryan09
This post is 5507 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Whilst cleaning the bike over the weekend i noticed that there has been an oil leak around the header pipe throughing oil over my engine casing.

Has anyone had this before and how could i solve this?

TIA

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Whilst cleaning the bike over the weekend i noticed that there has been an oil leak around the header pipe throughing oil over my engine casing.

Has anyone had this before and how could i solve this?

TIA

hey iv got the same problem after riding for a bit the whole underside of the casing is covered in oil from the leaking DEP pipe im planning on making a copper eye shape gasket to go over the whole thing around the manifold

hey iv got the same problem after riding for a bit the whole underside of the casing is covered in oil from the leaking DEP pipe im planning on making a copper eye shape gasket to go over the whole thing around the manifold

its a bit bad how that looks like a common problem, i thought maybe gasket needed renewing but doesnt seem to be anything wrong with it,

Might try what your doing with the copper washe cause the oil looks a mess defs isnt right.

Just a thought,

i might try a bit of instant gasket and see how that goes 1st

Just a thought,

hmm yer could work i wasnt on about a copper washer i was talking a gasket to cover to whole mating surface then cut a hole for the bit of the dep pipe that sticks out to go through its a big eye shape :D let me no how u get on

Just a thought,

hmm yer could work i wasnt on about a copper washer i was talking a gasket to cover to whole mating surface then cut a hole for the bit of the dep pipe that sticks out to go through its a big eye shape :D let me no how u get on

Oright yeah i see what you mean cause it doesnt seem to fit perfectly flush does it,

It came with washers or the flange but when you put them on they get caught on the exhaust itself so dont actually fit so i used them as washers else where lol

But yeah it does seem to be missing a flange. <_<

Oright yeah i see what you mean cause it doesnt seem to fit perfectly flush does it,

It came with washers or the flange but when you put them on they get caught on the exhaust itself so dont actually fit so i used them as washers else where lol

But yeah it does seem to be missing a flange. <_<

haha thats exactly what i did use the washers else where lol. how fast is urs?

yep let me no how u get on

Well before the dep pipe i got about 80mph now with it absolute pinned about 85mph (nearly maxing the speedo) but better aceleration.

I only found this by racing an rx125 and dare held it there 4 longer than 2seconds lol so i rarely go over 75mph to be honest.

you?

• 7 months later...

i solved the problem with my exhaust leaking with i rubber ring, i got 1 that was just a lil bit bigger than the hole and forced it in and i have had no problem since, so thats another option for ya

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online