I Failed

This post is 5812 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok so i arrived at the test centre this morning a nervous wreck jumped on my bike settled down and got into it done all the manovers everything cool i thought id definantly passed then we were on the way back i was thinking how well i coped being in a place i have never been to anyway so close to the test litterally 50meters i took a left into this park and ride car park and the examiner drove past and stopped told me i had taken a wrong turn so i spun around out the car park turnt left then the next left into the test center was absolutly gutted when he told me it was a no left turn i should of went right then round the roundabout and back up 2 MINORS AND I BUGGERED IT UP SO CLOSE TO THE TEST CENTRE im more angry than upset becuase i went into it as luck having had no lessons etc not knowing the place but when he told me i was so gutted itwasnt something like observations i failed on becuase at least i could practice them but to fail on something so stupid just gets to me....now i have to wait 10days until i can try get a cancellation :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok so i arrived at the test centre this morning a nervous wreck jumped on my bike settled down and got into it done all the manovers everything cool i thought id definantly passed then we were on the way back i was thinking how well i coped being in a place i have never been to

Sounds like you may have become a little complacent on the way back - next time ride the whole test like you just started till you get off the bike at the test centre at the end instead of patting yourself onthe back before its done - happen that you let your concentration lapse a little.

i was so gutted itwasnt something like observations i failed on becuase at least i could practice them but to fail on something so stupid just gets to me....now i have to wait 10days until i can try get a cancellation :(

It WAS observations you failed on. You did not observe the no left turn sign - so dont beat yourself up about it.

Get yourself a cancellation booked ASAP and remember what you did wrong. It wasnt anything major and you did extremely well honey - you should be pleased with yourself nonetheless ;)

Sounds like you may have become a little complacent on the way back - next time ride the whole test like you just started till you get off the bike at the test centre at the end instead of patting yourself onthe back before its done - happen that you let your concentration lapse a little.

It WAS observations you failed on. You did not observe the no left turn sign - so dont beat yourself up about it.

Get yourself a cancellation booked ASAP and remember what you did wrong. It wasnt anything major and you did extremely well honey - you should be pleased with yourself nonetheless ;)

thanks Goff trust a women to turn it into a positve thing ;) i cant book until my 10days are up :( your so true :D thanks

thanks Goff trust a women to turn it into a positve thing ;) i cant book until my 10days are up :( your so true :D thanks

Sorry to hear you didn't pass it's pretty gutting - I didn't get my first one - coz the guy I borrowed the bike from had forgotten to renew the tax the day before (doh)!!!!

Goff is right - don't let up that concentration for one minute even when you have done all your compulsories and are on the way back to the test centre - that's when it gets you - happened to me on my first car test. Sorry yeah you are time barred for ten days - but it doesn't stop you booking it now for more than 10 days hence.

And one other thing - next time when the examiner says "Congratulations you've passed" - you say "Thanks." and NOTHING else - don't give him a run down on everything YOU thought you did wrong!

Two minors is really good you should be really pleased - and now you know what to expect from the test - and that you CAN do it.

Keep us posted.

:D :D :D :D

Unlucky mate! Better luck next time. Next time don't even think you've passed until HE (the examiner) says so, that way you might keep your concentration on the job in progress.

• 2 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online