xt350

stibly
This post is 5766 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all i am at the end of asking everybody the same old questions, i have an n reg xt350 i brought it about 3 weeks ago when cold at first start up it does not smoke once warm it does quite bad it does not miss fire and starts first kick, can any body help, is it valvestem oil seals or the piston oil ring, hope some one knows please help, cheers stibly

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Me too, and check to see if it needs a rebore.

Hi

Do a compression test - that may give you some indication of the problem, a low reading (less than 100psi) could indicate a ring problem - usually valve stem oil seal problem manifests itself as a big cloud of smoke on startup.

Good luck

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My experience with this situation on cars has been valve guide seals. It takes a while for the oil to build up in the valve covers to start leaking past the seals. Hence no smoke at start up but smoke after running a bit. Replace the seals first and see if that solves your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online