Headlight problems - how to diagnose

rosedale
This post is 5884 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi can any one help diagnose an electrical problem with my sons Yamaha Jog (50cc) scooter ?

The main beam headlight works fine but when he dips the beam, the headlight and side lights completely turn off.

As far as I can tell the bulb is OK and the handlebar switch is OK.

Is there a fuse or relay on this circuit somewhere ?

Any advice would be appreciated as the bike is due an MOT !

Thanks

Graham

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi can any one help diagnose an electrical problem with my sons Yamaha Jog (50cc) scooter ?

The main beam headlight works fine but when he dips the beam, the headlight and side lights completely turn off.

As far as I can tell the bulb is OK and the handlebar switch is OK.

Is there a fuse or relay on this circuit somewhere ?

Any advice would be appreciated as the bike is due an MOT !

Thanks

Graham

as far as you can tell?

you need a multimeter and check volatage and continuity of lamps!

You must have a faulty switch or connecting block. Try disconnecting and skirting with wd40 see if that helps. You might be able to get some in the switch. Another thing to do is exercise the switch to clean the contacts. The fault must be close to it.

You must have a faulty switch or connecting block. Try disconnecting and skirting with wd40 see if that helps. You might be able to get some in the switch. Another thing to do is exercise the switch to clean the contacts. The fault must be close to it.

Sounds like a switch problem to me - thoroughly check and clean the contacts and try again.

:rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online