1981 DT175 upgrades

This post is 5811 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

I just bought said bike and i am a performance junkie always out to make things better. I have some ideas but first i have to say this is the coolest bike ive ever. anyways on to what i want to do and if any one has done any of this or could point me in the right direction

1)upgrade to disc brakes. I know this could require a bit of parts and work but thats no problem this bike is easy to work on.

2)upgrade suspension. possibly to change to disc brakes but i want it a bit stiffer or even just replacing front springs and buying aftermarket rear

3)any one have an old 175 motor for sale i have some work im going to do but want a new motor. mainly bore 10 over higher compression piston port and polish and cam if i can find it

4)try to get a couple thousand more rpms outta the motor (any ideas)

If you guys have any ideas on any of this that would be greatly appreciated. I love this bike (even tho i havent been able to ride it cause im stuck at work right now and i have to change my brake pads cause the bike wont slow down at all) but i want to make this bike even better.

Oh ya one last thing ive always worked on 4 stroke motors and never played with 2s but how do these 2 stroke motors hold up running at higher revs for extended periods like on a freeway for example. any help would be great.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ya i looked at that an hour after i posted it is exactly what im looking at doing

thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online