Waterproof Covers

shelleyr
This post is 5898 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I'm the proud new owner of a YBR 125, my first bike and I need a really good waterproof outdoor cover. The only positive reviews seem to be on a Tucano cover but I can't find one for love nor money! Anyone any ideas where I can get one or of another brand that works really well? I was going for an Oxford Stormex but read the reviews and decided against it!

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have an Oxford Rainex - its fookin brilliant. It has an inner liner which protects your paintwork and is scratch resistant, and as i have a custom painted bike - it does exactly what i need it to. It has vents too so you dont get any condensation on the bike. Its kept my bike bone dry even in the heaviest rain we have had this year

Its heavy so it wont blow off and has a a security strap too just in case you're worried!

Bit pricier than some but well worth it in my opinion.

welcome to the forum

you have a fun bike! certinally if you ride it like me

goff has good advice i would listen to it :)

:rolleyes: Thanks guys! Hopefully now I'll have no problems with the weather!

My exhaust and sissy bar gets rust spots occasionally when its left uncovered and it rains. If the bike is dried off and covered i dont get any at all while its under the Rainex - get yourself one of them - you wont be sorry. ;)

I've got a Oxford Stormex cover, and I would recommend nothing else!

The heat resistant lining (up to 250°C) means you can put it on as soon as you've got off your bike, which also means that the bike can dry out whilst underneath the cover - and like the rainex, the lining is soft so it won't damage your paintwork.

Worth every penny!