Test

Mikey*DTR
This post is 5881 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello just to let you no how the saga of the test is going!

iv been ringing up and told theres no tests in the future until they are annoced in two weeks time when the new test is sooooooooooo i asked where they had a availible slot turns out Bristlington Bristol theres me expecting atleast a week or so nope next wednesday! so i booked it and am now panicing iv never even been to Bristlington bristol and i cant get any tution as its way to short notice im going on a pot luck theory!

Im pretty poistive that if fail iv got a insight as to how a test goes lala etc as iv never done anything so serious (not even a car test got that on the 29th August) so i dont really no the butterfly feelings and stuff but if i fail il be more prepared for the new test becuase iv done this totaly unprepared and off the cuff

how ever :D if i pass it will be a punt a lucky punt a the moment i think iv got atleast 50% 50% chance becuase im pretty sure i can ride a bike but not sure if all the feelings of being assesd will take over. but we'll see and il let you all no now iv got to find Brislington test centre i sure its about 30ish miles away ruffley

il let you all no how i get on p.s on my test i am aloud to use bus lanes right..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey thats great news Mikey, Best of luck to ya :DIts a test...whats luck got to do with it? :unsure:

il let you all no how i get on p.s on my test i am aloud to use bus lanes right..

I would think you can use them only when everyone else can use them...ie outside the restriction time...You need to check up on this

Hey thats great news Mikey, Best of luck to ya :DIts a test...whats luck got to do with it? :unsure:

I would think you can use them only when everyone else can use them...ie outside the restriction time...You need to check up on this

Thank you Oldgitonbike yer my friend luck :D

yep thats what i thought cheers

Thank you Oldgitonbike yer my friend luck :D

yep thats what i thought cheers

What test are you doing A2 or Big Bike? All examiners have their own peculiarities about what they consider to be important - with some it's observation, others road position etc etc you won't know unless you get to speak to a riding school who work in that area. In my experience with my friends examiners seem to be tougher if you are taking the Big Bike test than the A2, and harder on women!

If you get on to the DSA site you can download PDF's of the test routes for your centre, but be warned there are a few, AND the examiners mix & match. BUT if you can definitely go there and familiarize yourself with the area, and particularly where the test centre is!! Apart from that try and ride as textbook as you can lots of observation, good road position - think ahead, and be positive - otherwise yes its a lottery!

Good luck - let us know how you get on.

:D

Thanks for that Fosdyke i hear what your saying im heading off there now to try find it and reconise some places in terential rain ....my alpinestar water proofs are worth there weight in gold. im taking Big bike thanks for the lil tips im like a sponge at the moment absorbing every ones information! thank you

Do not worry about it being somewhere you have never been. I took my test in Leeds - i live in Manchester - never been to Leeds on a bike before. I was really worried - but it was fine and i passed first time. Just listen carefully to what your examiner is saying and you will be fine. I do believe that when you're taking a test in an unfamiliar area you are more aware of whats going on around you - same thing happened when i took my bus licence in 2001 - it was in bluddy Huddersfield - but again i passed first time.

You will be fine honey ;)

thanks Goff did you have any tuition? i cant get any as its way to short notice like i say im going in as a lucky punt! i agree i think il b more aware becuase i havent been there etc

thanks for the support guys and girl!

Sorry

when is your test booked for?

good luck with it aswell!

just wack open the throttle and leave the tester in your dust. Then he won't be able to follow you to watch so he won't be able to complain if you do something wrong.

Goodluck, give 'em hell!

hmm sure the examiner wouldnt like that now would he? :P

good luck m8 , i found the test easy and i took mine somewhere i didnt no, as others said just listen to wot u being told and dont worry and keep a cool head and il think u will piss it,,,,,,,,,, good luck again.

just wack open the throttle and leave the tester in your dust. Then he won't be able to follow you to watch so he won't be able to complain if you do something wrong.

Goodluck, give 'em hell!

:icon_frown:

I came out of the test centre, turned right across a really busy road, then got into the traffic - The examiner had actually said turn left....... I lost him but he knew exatly where I was as he kept me on track with the radio - and I couldn't see hime anywhere in my mirrors.......

Just relax, what's the worts that could happen? you'll be in the same possition you are today.

Good luck, don't panic and make sure you do your life savers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online