1984 FJ 1100 FRONT SUSPENSION HELP

Dean Colenutt
This post is 5886 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there!

I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if this has been covered before.

I just finished replacing the front fork oil seals on my FJ 1100. All seemed fine during the disassembly and reassembly. Nothing out of the ordinary. After the shocks were put back together, I took the bike for a little ride. Any little hole in the road now bottoms out the forks. Any time the front brake is applied a little aggressively, the forks bottom out. Any ideas what I did to my forks?? It was not like this before I replaced the seals. The ride was quite decent before.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey there!

I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if this has been covered before.

I just finished replacing the front fork oil seals on my FJ 1100. All seemed fine during the disassembly and reassembly. Nothing out of the ordinary. After the shocks were put back together, I took the bike for a little ride. Any little hole in the road now bottoms out the forks. Any time the front brake is applied a little aggressively, the forks bottom out. Any ideas what I did to my forks?? It was not like this before I replaced the seals. The ride was quite decent before.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

If i remember right that bike is fitted with a anti-dive system, have you put this system back together properly? If not I'll borrow a friends manual (this friend has the same bike), to try to answer your question as some bikes have individual traits to themselves.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online