Powder Coat

Mikey*DTR
This post is 5886 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again rather likeing this forum :D

phoned up a localish company to see how much to get my swing arm powder coated £30 was well impressed now im definatnly doing it i cant make up my mind on colours pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse help !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Post pics of the bike and lets havea look first. :D

how do i do that lol :P

• Open a photobucket account
  • Upload your pics there
  • with each pic you will see four fields
  • Copy the IMG field
  • Paste into the forum

Remember when I asked you that Goffy? :icon_wink:

• Open a photobucket account
  • Upload your pics there
  • with each pic you will see four fields
  • Copy the IMG field
  • Paste into the forum

Remember when I asked you that Goffy? :icon_wink:

you find yourself telling people this everyday oldgitonabike! there should be a clean thread on how to upload pictures to the forum.

you find yourself telling people this everyday oldgitonabike! there should be a clean thread on how to upload pictures to the forum.

mods should post a "sticky"

£30 seems steep when you can get a frame and swing arm powder coated in black for £55 at triple S (inc masking and blasting)

mods should post a "sticky"

£30 seems steep when you can get a frame and swing arm powder coated in black for £55 at triple S (inc masking and blasting)

wow makes it look not so cheap now he told me 80 for the frame or all of it for 100 inc masking and blasting

wow makes it look not so cheap now he told me 80 for the frame or all of it for 100 inc masking and blasting

Fuck me thats waaaayy too much!

Took the slingy frame, swingarm, forks, top yoke, both wheels and a couple of other small bits and pieces for powder coating to a local place near me - £150 the lot.

As for your swingarm - Black is the only way to go.......

Fuck me thats waaaayy too much!

Took the slingy frame, swingarm, forks, top yoke, both wheels and a couple of other small bits and pieces for powder coating to a local place near me - £150 the lot.

As for your swingarm - Black is the only way to go.......

wow i never relised it was so cheap im guna contact some more powder coaters see what they say tad dissapoited now but glad your saving me squids! wheres these pics of the sling they Goff ;) im waiting....hehe

yep i recon black

Here you go - how it was when we got it:

Originalslingy.jpg

How it looks now, 2 engines later:

Slingy1.jpg

It now has an R1 subframe on it which is being chopped off again and raised up by about 2 inches. Seat unit, frame and mudguards are pearl white. Electrics just been finished. Polished frame, polished casings, nice upside down forks etc etc etc. Cant decide on a headlight though - got 2 at mo, Hayabusa one and a Gilera one - hmmmm.....decisions decisions.

Should be finished by October - just bough a crash damaged Bandit 600 too......next!!! :lol:

Here you go - how it was when we got it:

Originalslingy.jpg

How it looks now, 2 engines later:

Slingy1.jpg

It now has an R1 subframe on it which is being chopped off again and raised up by about 2 inches. Seat unit, frame and mudguards are pearl white. Electrics just been finished. Polished frame, polished casings, nice upside down forks etc etc etc. Cant decide on a headlight though - got 2 at mo, Hayabusa one and a Gilera one - hmmmm.....decisions decisions.

Should be finished by October - just bough a crash damaged Bandit 600 too......next!!! :lol:

Bloody Hell Goff i like i like alot looks nuts! mmm thats guna look so good when its completed...on the head light front why not good old fashioned streetfighter twin spots? any idea how much swngarms cost to get chromed ruffley?

haha a bandite-o u streetfightering that 2?

your so lucky to be busy with bikes! cheer e o

Goff, which powder coaters in manchester? I could do with a decent one nearby rather than bingley.

I tried chicago powder coaters in stalybridge and they were sh!t, and another in broughton who were too expensive.

Was Oldham Powdercoaters

Bright St

Oldham, OL8 4AB

0161 620 9979‎

Small firm but really good blokes.

Mikey - want something a bit different than spots - i got them on the Bandit so am seeing what we can do instead with this baby.

I dunno about bein lucky with the bikes - this gixxers been a 2 year project so far.......lol

Was Oldham Powdercoaters

Bright St

Oldham, OL8 4AB

0161 620 9979‎

Small firm but really good blokes.

cheers for that, I'll give them a go as I work in Bury

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online