Yamaha R6 LED indicator problem

windard123
This post is 5893 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, i wondered if i could get any help with this stupid electrical problem im having. I've just fitted LED incidators front and back with built in indicators in the LED tailights aswell (which were working when i had bulb indicators) and already had an LED flasher relay fitted but now when i have the headlights on the indicators dont work. When there is no lights on the indicators work and the dash light flashes to say there working but then when i turn the side lights on the dash light stops flashing but the indicators still work then when i turn the headlights on niether the dash light on indicators work, anybody got any ideas????

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

do u have the new indicators on the front aswell or just the back?

The taillight ones have been on there all the time but i replaced the front and back pairs with LED's

I went out this morning and it turns out the indicators work fine while the bikes running with the lights on but the dash light still won't flash when the side/headlights are switched on, is this a simple problem?

So are you now running TWO sets at the rear? one pair in the tail lamp and one pair in as free standing units?

Try disconnecting the TAIL lamp pair and see what happens.

It sound like an earthing problem. the only thing linking the indicator circuit with the tail/side lights is the common earth in the tail lamp unit, so diconecting the built in flashers should eliminate it.

If the others all work ok without the tail lamp ones, you could try a diode in the earth line of the tail lamp to stop any back feeding that might be going on.

Also check ALL of your earth connections on the lights and indicators. you only need one "dry" connection to screw up all sorts. Use a smear of petrolium jelly on your connectors and earth points.

Ive just disconnected the intregrated indicators from the circuit and the stalk indicators still work but now even with the lights off the dash doesnt flash, i checked all the earth connections last week, cleaned them all up and made sure there was good contact and i don't see how there could be any broken wires as i was really careful when i had the bike apart to clean it, i was thinking that maybe if i disconnected the integrated indicators and then added a load resistor to each of the stalk indicators wether that would work?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online