BUBBLING OIL OUT OF BREATHER!!!

junker
This post is 5786 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My recently bought bike has been sitting for at least 1 year. I cleaned the carbs a few days ago. I also added SAE 10w-40 (2Qts.) It ran a little rough the first few times. I started it today and now it runs great, idles great, throttle response is great... but the breather filter thing atop the right clutch cover bubbles out oil!!!! i did recently add oil, did i add too much? The oil drips down the side and burns into smoke on the exhaust pipe... has anyone ever have this problem? Is it something else? --P.S. when i rev it to above 6K-7K it literally globs out oil and burns into white smoke!!! What do i do? :o:huh::unsure::blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

My bike recently did something similar to this (ended up with oil all over the drive)

Try removing the sump plug and draining all the oil, then refill to the correct amount.

Mine was fine after doing this.

Hope this is some help

Rob

Junker.

The same side as the oil filler but under the the clutch housing you'll find a sight glass with 2 notches on it (1 either side of the glass on the casing). With the bike in a upright position the oil level should be no higher than those notches, if the sight glass is full then you have 2 much oil in the bike. You shouldn't have more than 2.8litres of oil in this bike, if too much you risk blowing the oil seals when put under stress (luckily the oil is finding a different route out rather than through the seals).

Hey thanks guys, that was the problem! it was overfilled! thank goodness i changed the oil before i ran it anymore! the sight glass was black and the clutch cover was painted black also, so i thought it was a hex bolt!!! jeez- once i drained it i saw exactly what it was! I filled it back up with fresh Valvoline 10w-40 motorcycle grade. Thanks alot ppl! I Posted a vid of my bike on youtube last night. type in "FZ600 "Scar"" in the youTube search bar, tell me what you think!

looks good. i hope your a punisher fan, otherwise you got a big red stain on top of the gas tank. I think you should have left it the 80s color scheme and gone for the yuppie look, but that is just me.

Good luck, good job getting it running!

Hey thanks guys, that was the problem! it was overfilled! thank goodness i changed the oil before i ran it anymore! the sight glass was black and the clutch cover was painted black also, so i thought it was a hex bolt!!! jeez- once i drained it i saw exactly what it was! I filled it back up with fresh Valvoline 10w-40 motorcycle grade. Thanks alot ppl! I Posted a vid of my bike on youtube last night. type in "FZ600 "Scar"" in the youTube search bar, tell me what you think!

What's with all the colour schemes? Oh well at least black's not so bad, despite the red stain on the tank... Everybody to their own i suppose.

What's with all the colour schemes? Oh well at least black's not so bad, despite the red stain on the tank... Everybody to their own i suppose.

actually, i didnt get to put the picture in, but the tail that looked grayish white was just primed... not actual;ly white. I painted it half black, half red. and there is only one colour scheme; Black & Red... it all comes together if you saw the biuke all together.... the fairings, tail, tank everything. i will make another vid of me riding soon so you guys can reallly see how it came out as i intended. :):D:rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online