Clutch problem XS360

Harv
This post is 5889 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I looked thru the search options and didn't find my answer. Problem is I can not engage the clutch . Start it in nuetral with clutch handle pulled in, Put in 1st, kills the engine .

Naturally I tried the cable adjust with no luck. For the clutch adjustment, the book says loosen the lock nut and etc.

I can't loosen the lock nut because it feels spring loaded . I hesitate to force the nut too much against the spring resistance thinking I'll hear a loud BOING and then have bigger problems. ??????

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I looked thru the search options and didn't find my answer. Problem is I can not engage the clutch . Start it in nuetral with clutch handle pulled in, Put in 1st, kills the engine .

Naturally I tried the cable adjust with no luck. For the clutch adjustment, the book says loosen the lock nut and etc.

I can't loosen the lock nut because it feels spring loaded . I hesitate to force the nut too much against the spring resistance thinking I'll hear a loud BOING and then have bigger problems. ??????

just get a socket and undo the bugger. it may be tight if its not been touched for a while as the unit sits in line of the front sprocket.

if you are really pernikity, take off the whole sprocket cover, unhook the clutch cable and undo the worm unit from inside. put in a vice and go at it from there!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online