Luggage

machiavellian
This post is 5911 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I am planning to to a tour of scotland on my bike soon and Im looking for any cheap suggestions for luggage options, I dont want to have to go through the dealer as I have looked at the prices and they are too expensive..

HELP!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I am planning to to a tour of scotland on my bike soon and Im looking for any cheap suggestions for luggage options, I dont want to have to go through the dealer as I have looked at the prices and they are too expensive..

HELP!!

Are you looking for soft luggage or hard, there are options from £50 to £600 and beyond !

Oxford do some first time through over stuff that's OK, make sure you use a 'blanket' (Oxford do these too for about £10). This kit is available at most dealers, Hein Gericke, Ebay or webshops

Touratech do Zega-Flex, this is soft luggage that fits to a frame - Not sure if they do a carrier for your bike though - www.touratech.co.uk,

Or you could go down the Givi route, there are lots of options here - www.givi.co.uk

To be honest, if it's your first time, then you're probably best going for some soft options, www.mandp.co.uk often have offers on or Link to Busters have a full set for £69 that will probably do.

When you pack, wrap your stuff in a bin liner, then put it in the luggage - it'll keep the wet out! and be very particular when fastening it to the bike, with speed, windblast and vibration it can move, the Oxford Blanket will hell to keep it in place as well as protecting your paintwork.

Good luck - I know some great roads in Scotland, let me know if you want some pointers.

Hi,

HELP!!

Hi,

Thanks for that!

I did buy Oxford tail pack but the seat catch wont lock with it on, also I am off to have a look at Bikers World in Coleshill, Birmingham soon to see what they have there. I know I'll be definately getting a tank bag as I have borrowed one before and it worked a treat.

We ( me and the hubby) are planning to go from the Midlands over the Yorkshire moors, up the north east costline to Aberdeen, then accross to Inverness, down to Loch Ness and over to the Isle of Skye then to mull and accross to oban. From there we plan to return to the midlands via the lake district.. but the main plan is we arent travellling on any motorways.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online