yamaha grizzly that just wont run right

wader_25
This post is 5894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, i am new to this site. i have a problem with my grizzly and am hoping that someone out there can help me fix it. I bought a 98 600 grizzly back in march and still havent gotten it running right. ive put 1000 bucks into it in parts alone, new clutch, coil, carb kit, etc, etc... the problem i am continuously having is the bike backfires and quits after it has heatened up and been riden for a few minutes.... after waiting a few minutes it will start up and run for a few more minutes before quiting again.... ive redone the carb, flushed out all the lines, changed coils, new battery, and so on. i dont think the cdi is bad, but i am running out of parts to change. does anyone know what could be the problem. Thanks and i appreciate any help you can give me. Wade

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone, i am new to this site. i have a problem with my grizzly and am hoping that someone out there can help me fix it. I bought a 98 600 grizzly back in march and still havent gotten it running right. ive put 1000 bucks into it in parts alone, new clutch, coil, carb kit, etc, etc... the problem i am continuously having is the bike backfires and quits after it has heatened up and been riden for a few minutes.... after waiting a few minutes it will start up and run for a few more minutes before quiting again.... ive redone the carb, flushed out all the lines, changed coils, new battery, and so on. i dont think the cdi is bad, but i am running out of parts to change. does anyone know what could be the problem. Thanks and i appreciate any help you can give me. Wade

have you checked the engine timing & the cdi pick-up coils. sounds to me like ignition problems.

have you checked the engine timing & the cdi pick-up coils. sounds to me like ignition problems.

i have not checked the timing, i know the bike does have a new head and piston when i bought it, it could be out i guess... thanks for the tip. wade

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online