SR250 Gas Tank

hoopty_ref
This post is 5890 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was wondering if there is good replacement option for the gas tank on my 81 Exciter as mine is far too gone for repair and I dare not attempt to make my own. I've heard it is possible to use tanks from different bikes with little to no modification (SR500) but lack the parts to check for sure. Any input would be appreciated! ;)

Additional thought, any tanks from the virago line possibly fit as well??

!help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was wondering if there is good replacement option for the gas tank on my 81 Exciter as mine is far too gone for repair and I dare not attempt to make my own. I've heard it is possible to use tanks from different bikes with little to no modification (SR500) but lack the parts to check for sure. Any input would be appreciated! ;)

Additional thought, any tanks from the virago line possibly fit as well??

!help!

BUMP BUMP

have now seen many Virago tanks, preferably in the early years (82-84ish) that looks as if they might work, but have no measurements or tank to go from

the last measurement is to find a cheap 'peanut' tank (early sportster) and fab it to fit -- might just do that anyway since information is virtually non-existent

any info appreciated.... :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online