Howdy yall, Im new

billfrombyron
This post is 5900 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

1136643f.jpg

0b404126.jpg

e3c6f353.jpg

3e07b03c.jpg

This is my new to me 1977 XS360. With 6,653 miles on it, its been in storage for the last 3 years.

So I have a few questions to ask now.

1 Is there any precautions that I should take before starting the motor?

2 It is not locked up, and I think that by turning it with out sparkplugs in place, with a few squirts of oil down the cylinders it should pre lube it to be ready to start.

3 Anyone know of a Disk Brake upgrade to these?

Any other info you know that you wish to share to a new owner?

Story of the bike is pretty cool. My buddy moved and left me his ATV. I was too lazy to fix ATV so I put it up on Craigslist for sale or trade. The rest is history.

Any advice you have about the quirks these bikes may be known for would be appreciated.

I have been riding for 7 years in the past, but due to multiple deployments overseas, I haven't had the time to ride and my Ex just let the last one go. I'm looking for something cheap(FREE ROCKS!!!!) that I can put around town on and back and forth to work until I get out of the Army.

Also got any tips for getting rust off of the pipes and various springs. All shocks are good, nothing leaks and no rust in the tank. All In all I think I came off pretty damn good. The rear seat is perfect as I am 6'4 and can stretch out when I need to on it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Oh yea, anyone know if it will fit in a dodge grand caravan with seats folded? The dimensions are 40"W X 40" Tall X 89" with luggage rack on the back. Anyone got a tape measure that wouldn't mind measuring their grocery getter? Or better yet anyone near Clarksville, TN that wants to help a brother out?

-Bill

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum Bill

Kool little XS you scored there :thumb:

Getting those pipes clean can be done with some FINE grade steel wool, soap & water.....

Then maybe hit 'em again with this? :unsure: ....

05208.jpg

Disc brake upgrade:....stick with '79-?? XS400 or 650 Specials......most everything should bolt right up. ;)

New Battery is a must

Fresh oil, plugs & fuel

Lube all cables with Silicone spray

Then Kick like Hell till she fires! :D

Best of Luck with it. B)

don't "upgrade" to disks its not worth it and the bike is worth more with those as many peeps use them to make a cafe racer.

best to turn over without sparkies and a bit of oil. check battery is fully charged first. be ready to scrap tyres if over 4 years old as they can crack and fail.

new oil and filter if after it starts, as the camshaft has no bearing surface and is direct in to alloy head. check also the gauze oil filter accessed from under the engine with 6 x m6 bolts

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online