Hello im new!

R6 Sam
This post is 5892 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone!

Ive just taken deliver of a nice 2006 R6, its my first road bike so im looking for some advice!!

Not riden it yet as ive got my test booked for 2 weeks time so not got a licence. Ive been riding Motocross for a couple of years so have an idea how to ride, obviously this is completely different so im going to take it very easy until im a bit more experienced, don't want to damage my pretty bike or my pretty legs!

I was reading some reviews and it seems everyone is saying that the bike is missing a steering damper. Is there any point of me getting one for just road riding or is it a waste of time?

Does anyone have anything to watch out for or any advice?

Thanks, Sam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello and welcome to the forum!

are you doing a direct access?

Thanks!

Yes, im doing my direct access within the next month, got my Theory and CBT booked for next week. Hopefully ill pass first time, I can't wait to get on 2 wheels!

Thanks!

Yes, im doing my direct access within the next month, got my Theory and CBT booked for next week. Hopefully ill pass first time, I can't wait to get on 2 wheels!

Good luck with da theory & CBT mate