Hello...I'm new to all this...

R1Virgin
This post is 5918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Just joined the site. I had a look at it earlier today at work and you seem like a decent bunch :D

My boyfriend has an R1 as well as several other bikes. He is mad on bikes, goes all over following the GP. I've finally agreed to go out on the R1 for the 1st time next week!!! I am so scared, but I want to do it. Just not sure how I'm going to hang on!! :D

I thought I'd better join a club so that I can learn a bit about bikes......I have horses so if anyone needs advice on them...I'm your woman.

Maria.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Just joined the site. I had a look at it earlier today at work and you seem like a decent bunch :D

My boyfriend has an R1 as well as several other bikes. He is mad on bikes, goes all over following the GP. I've finally agreed to go out on the R1 for the 1st time next week!!! I am so scared, but I want to do it. Just not sure how I'm going to hang on!! :D

I thought I'd better join a club so that I can learn a bit about bikes......I have horses so if anyone needs advice on them...I'm your woman.

Maria.

Take it from what you have posted that you will be riding pillion, if so RELAX, tell your boyfriend to take it easy to start with & agree some sort of signalling, so if you want him to speed up, slow down pull over ect you both know what signals to give/receive. Best advice can give you is get him to fit a Triboseat cover to stop you sliding about on the pillions seat. & enjoy the experience, who knows you make like enough to get your licence & pinch his R1 :lol:

Oh & welcome :thumb:

Take it from what you have posted that you will be riding pillion, if so RELAX, tell your boyfriend to take it easy to start with & agree some sort of signalling, so if you want him to speed up, slow down pull over ect you both know what signals to give/receive. Best advice can give you is get him to fit a Triboseat cover to stop you sliding about on the pillions seat. & enjoy the experience, who knows you make like enough to get your licence & pinch his R1 :lol:

Oh & welcome :thumb:

Thanks Bob,

Yes I will be riding pillion. Last time I went on a bike the guy decided to do a wheelie with me on the back!!! I was not impressed, I nearly fell off. Haven't been on a bike since. I think it's easier to ride a horse, even if they do have a mind of their own LOL!!! :D

Probably won't be posting much, as I know nothing about bikes. But I will enjoy having a look through the site and learning something new.

Best wishes and happy(safe) riding :)

Maria