yb100 fork seal size

atocp
This post is 5818 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew what size fork seal went onto the 1987 Yamaha YB100? I bought a pair from Wemoto, and the said 26MM Forks 26x37x10.5. However they seem a little tight. A mechanic told me they would be tight to fit, but this seems a bit too tight. Motorcycle Products sell a pair for the yb100, but they are 27mm x 39mm x 10.5mm.

Does anyone know if the 26 are right, and i should just be trying harder? Or is 27 in fact the correct size, and they should slide on relatively easily?

Once again, thanks for any help and advice

atocp

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi There,

dont know the spec's for your model but why not just get a vernier gauge and just measure your fork tubes to see weather they are 26 or 27 mill?

According to the manual i have there are 5 different styles to the yb100 (3 of which have different sized front forks). As billa65t said, measure your forks to work out which one. You need the outside diametre of the upper bit & the inside diametre of the lower bit. Then hopefully, if the place you use for parts is any good, you will get the right seal.

thanks for the replies.

measuring them would have been the most logical thing to do. next time im gonna spend a couple of days brainstorming to think up logical things before i post.

thanks again

atocp

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online