XT250G 1980 carb settings

cookie
This post is 5825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Nick,

Don't know exactly what set up your've got on your bike but as a rule of thumb for a standard airbox and pipe

the clip usually goes on the middle slot then its just a case of tuning the carb to get the best results for your bike if you have standard jets in your carb?

hope this helps

Bill

Hi Nick,

Don't know exactly what set up your've got on your bike but as a rule of thumb for a standard airbox and pipe

the clip usually goes on the middle slot then its just a case of tuning the carb to get the best results for your bike if you have standard jets in your carb?

hope this helps

Bill

Thanks Bill - bike is completely standard with it being just rebuild for new cam chain/bearing, and I fitted a Keyster carb refurb kit when stripped the engine.

It coughs and misfires when the throttle is opened and will not rev, so wanted to make sure I had put the circlip in the right place.

I am going to check the float height as it feels like fuel starvation but wanted to be sure I hadn't got the needle setting miles off.

Thanks for your advice Nick

According to the Yamaha service data book i have the XT250 needle clip position should be in the 3rd groove down from the top. Main jet #165. Air screw 2 and 1/2 turns out. Hope this is of some help .Tony.

According to the Yamaha service data book i have the XT250 needle clip position should be in the 3rd groove down from the top. Main jet #165. Air screw 2 and 1/2 turns out. Hope this is of some help .Tony.

Thanks Tony - I will check it this evening.

Nick