rear shock pre-loading

saucyjack
This post is 5898 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone give me some info on the possible consequences of over tightening the rear shock pre load adjuster on a Dragatar 650? I think I've managed to go 'one click too far' (!) when adjusting on the firmer end, and now the adjuster won't turn back the other way (bugger!). At the very least, is it safe in this condition? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can anyone give me some info on the possible consequences of over tightening the rear shock pre load adjuster on a Dragatar 650? I think I've managed to go 'one click too far' (!) when adjusting on the firmer end, and now the adjuster won't turn back the other way (bugger!). At the very least, is it safe in this condition? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

i assume its on a screw adjustment which means its alloy and you have gone past the threads there for cross threading when you screwed it back!

if it uses a stepped system, just keep turning the same way and it will go back to slack.

i don't know the dragstar but most systems are the same

i assume its on a screw adjustment which means its alloy and you have gone past the threads there for cross threading when you screwed it back!

if it uses a stepped system, just keep turning the same way and it will go back to slack.

i don't know the dragstar but most systems are the same

Cheers for the comments dude, but I think now I've done the damage, I'll leave well alone 'till I can replace the shock (lesson learnt there I think!!)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online