R1 idle problem

BERGY
This post is 5748 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

Your help would be appreciated,

I have a 2005 R1 when starting from cold it ticks over at 1000 rpm,as the temp rises the revs also rise giving me a tick over of about 2750.I have looked at the idle adjuster and this is fully wound back so will not decrease the revs.

The adjusters on the linkages have not moved as the paint dots all align thank you in advance BERGY

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello

Your help would be appreciated,

I have a 2005 R1 when starting from cold it ticks over at 1000 rpm,as the temp rises the revs also rise giving me a tick over of about 2750.I have looked at the idle adjuster and this is fully wound back so will not decrease the revs.

The adjusters on the linkages have not moved as the paint dots all align thank you in advance BERGY

sounds like a choke problem, either you are starting & not turning the manual choke off or if fitted with a automatic choke it either needs adjusting or replacing.

sounds like a choke problem, either you are starting & not turning the manual choke off or if fitted with a automatic choke it either needs adjusting or replacing.

Thank you for your time but this is done via water temp.

Bergy

Sorry but the 05 R1 does not have a choke as its Fuel Injected :rolleyes: not carbs

Run some Fuel Injector cleaner through the fuel system in case one of the injectors has got a bit of crap out the fuel tank in it. Other than that get your self a Service/Repair CD of ebay or a Haynes manual from your local library & go through the fault finding, or you could take it down to your local Yam dealer workshop & ask them to put it on there diagnosis kit to check it out for you.