FZR600R only stalls when handlebars are turned

hoanglam16
This post is 5903 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. I just started riding about a month ago and bought myself a 1994 FZR600R with about 16k miles (as a starter bike). Everything has been fine up until today when I noticed that my bike stalls eveytime I turn the handlebars HARD right. It happens when I'm getting ready to back up into a parking spot, or when pulling out of a parking spot, or trying to make a U-turn. Turning the handlebars hard left does not stall the bike.

I want to get this fixed ASAP because I'm scared to ride it now. What if it stalls when I'm turning faster?

Again, I'm new to bikes so please go easy on me. So if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hve you checked that none of the cables are being pulled too tight or getting trapped when you pull it hard right? COuld be something as simple as that?

Hi everyone. I just started riding about a month ago and bought myself a 1994 FZR600R with about 16k miles (as a starter bike). Everything has been fine up until today when I noticed that my bike stalls eveytime I turn the handlebars HARD right. It happens when I'm getting ready to back up into a parking spot, or when pulling out of a parking spot, or trying to make a U-turn. Turning the handlebars hard left does not stall the bike.

I want to get this fixed ASAP because I'm scared to ride it now. What if it stalls when I'm turning faster?

Again, I'm new to bikes so please go easy on me. So if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

Don.t know if this helps but i had similar problems with my 1986 FZ600. Turned out the ignition was coming apart as the screws in the back of the ignition switch were working loose, a quick tighten & it solved the problem.

Hi there,

if none of the other tips help check the wireing where it goes round the headstock because it sounds like you might have a wire shorting out to earth when you turn,Look on the inside of the wireing loom where it touch's the frame to see if it's rubbed the insulation off?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online