r6 help please!!

kyler6
This post is 5901 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello guys and girls

i am a newbie here got told bout this site today to try get some advice..

i got a 99 r6 which wont start. i have just replace the generator and battery as they were both dead and the bike now wont even start i replace the spark plugs as they were bit old and thought this could be part of the problem but is not!!

the engine is turning i got a good spark but she still wont fire. dose any 1 have any ideas?!?

regards kyle

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello guys and girls

i am a newbie here got told bout this site today to try get some advice..

i got a 99 r6 which wont start. i have just replace the generator and battery as they were both dead and the bike now wont even start i replace the spark plugs as they were bit old and thought this could be part of the problem but is not!!

the engine is turning i got a good spark but she still wont fire. dose any 1 have any ideas?!?

regards kyle

Have you checked it's getting fuel?

Try checking your Regulator/Rectifier, they are known to fail sometimes without any warning.

Look at the white multi plug that connects to it, if you see any burnt terminals, then sods law says your regulator/rectifier has burnt out, replace it & you should be ok. Can be found bolted to front of battery box, looks like a square box with fins on outside face. You may have to fit spade connectors in place of the multi plug, depending of severity of damage to multi plug & wiring.

Have had the same problem on wifes old ZXR400 & a m8 had the same problem on his 02 R1.

Hope you sort out your probs :luck:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online