YZF 125

NineteenEightySix
This post is 5905 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, first post on the forum so hello to everyone here. Just spent a fair few minutes having a read about some of the previous posts regarding the RS125, R125 and the YZF125.

I am doing my bike test saturday 27th and will be buying a 125cc bike. I've been driving a car for 2 years so I have some road experience but on a bike obviously extra caution is required.

Now my dilemma. I am after a 125cc and the YZF looks like the one. Would picking the YZF 125 be an excellent choice for a first bike due to the following reasons, or would a bigger bike (400cc-600cc) be a better choice?

The YZF

Reliability

Very sportbike look-a-like

Top speed doesn't concern me, but 76mph is quick enough for top end.

Cheers,

Lee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

once u pass your test you can ride with 33bph

im guessing you are bellow 21?

no point in getting a 125. all that will happen is you will moan it doesnt go fast enough, best to buy a bigger bike to start of with, and have your 33bhp restriction

remember its a 125 it can only do 70/80mph

once u pass your test you can ride with 33bph

im guessing you are bellow 21?

no point in getting a 125. all that will happen is you will moan it doesnt go fast enough, best to buy a bigger bike to start of with, and have your 33bhp restriction

remember its a 125 it can only do 70/80mph

Cheers for the input. I am over 21, had a chat round to a few friends and bike shop owners and they have all said the same thing you have. I will get bored of the 125cc in 3 weeks, go for a 600.

So its the YZF6, Fazer S, CBR RR or a Bandit S. Choices choices.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online