Divvy wheels

Andreas Divvy
This post is 5857 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I`m shortly going to be picking up a Divvy 600-Does anyone have any tips on Divvy ownership?-Does anyone have any experience of fitting a wider rear wheel? The Divvy I`m after is V reg-twin discs/oil cooler etc (I don`t know which model precisely) Are the discs dear on these bikes?-Does anybody have some good con s/hand?

This bike marks a return to full time m/cycling so all correspondence will be appreciated

RSVP

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I am in the same boat. Just got my first divvy 2 weeks ago though. They are supposed to be bullet proof, apart from the front folk seal. These are a renound weakness! So much so, i'm getting mine replaced as we speak so worth keeping an eye on. Finally, the exhaust systems are very expensive too, so don't leave the bike standing otherwise the condensation builds up inside the silencer and then you're talking BIG money. Mine has a weld on it and thats the way it'll stay until i find a suitable replacement. The last quote I had was £330 for an exhaust! On that note, if you hear of a spare system going for a 1995 divvy right hand exhaust or 4 in one please let me know.

Apart from the above, a very impressive machine.

Regards

Gregg

Oh nearly forgot. Don't start the bike and leave it idol on the side stand. Apparently it buggers up the 'heads'. Whatever that means. Basically sit on it to start from cold.

Hi,

I am in the same boat. Just got my first divvy 2 weeks ago though. They are supposed to be bullet proof, apart from the front folk seal. These are a renound weakness! So much so, i'm getting mine replaced as we speak so worth keeping an eye on. Finally, the exhaust systems are very expensive too, so don't leave the bike standing otherwise the condensation builds up inside the silencer and then you're talking BIG money. Mine has a weld on it and thats the way it'll stay until i find a suitable replacement. The last quote I had was £330 for an exhaust! On that note, if you hear of a spare system going for a 1995 divvy right hand exhaust or 4 in one please let me know.

Apart from the above, a very impressive machine.

Regards

Gregg

Oh nearly forgot. Don't start the bike and leave it idol on the side stand. Apparently it buggers up the 'heads'. Whatever that means. Basically sit on it to start from cold.

Hi Gregg 532-thanks for replying to the divvy wheels topic.I`m going to change the topic heading in the hope of throwing some light on cylinder heads being knackered by sidestand idling- probably something to do with oil pick ups and the oil `pooling`in the crankcases due to the tilt. The cylinder heads are the bits which sit on top of the barrels, the spark plugs screw into the heads and the heads also contain the valves (inlet and exhaust) and on most modern bikes the camshaft which may or may not bear directly in the heads.If the camshaft starts run dry (oil not feeding up from the crankcase) may well knacker the bearing surface, requiring some sort of remedy:-if the bearing has enough metal around it, then it can be machined to take a bearing shell, if not then a new head would be required.I don`t have that much familiarity with the later bikes so perhaps another member can contribute to the subject-cheers. If you hear any thing about wider divvy wheels by the way, please let me know-I am also seeking info on aftermarket full fairings and/or converting to naked for the summer

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online