YB100 / FS1E parts compatability

atocp
This post is 5824 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

I recently got a 1987 (i think) YB100 for free. And apart from some minor wear and some missing parts, it was pretty much all there.

I am however missing some parts that are essential.

Does anyone know if the following parts from a FS1E would be ok in the YB100? I can get parts for the FS1E a lot easier, and I am finding difficulties in getting the required ones for the yb100.

• The fuel tap. I can get a fs1e 12mm tap.
  • The brake rod. Are they pretty generic just dependant on length and diameter?
  • Springs for the centre stand, brake pedal and back brake switch?

As you may realise, this is my first bike and im tackling everthing on it myself. All this before i've even taken my CBT.

Thank you for any help or advice given, much apprectiated.

atocp

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

I recently got a 1987 (i think) YB100 for free. And apart from some minor wear and some missing parts, it was pretty much all there.

I am however missing some parts that are essential.

Does anyone know if the following parts from a FS1E would be ok in the YB100? I can get parts for the FS1E a lot easier, and I am finding difficulties in getting the required ones for the yb100.

• The fuel tap. I can get a fs1e 12mm tap.
  • The brake rod. Are they pretty generic just dependant on length and diameter?
  • Springs for the centre stand, brake pedal and back brake switch?

As you may realise, this is my first bike and im tackling everthing on it myself. All this before i've even taken my CBT.

Thank you for any help or advice given, much apprectiated.

atocp

the best way of finding out is to put them on the bike & see if they work. As long as they get the bike through it's MOT it should be ok. Welcome to the world of basic custom jobs.

the best way of finding out is to put them on the bike & see if they work. As long as they get the bike through it's MOT it should be ok. Welcome to the world of basic custom jobs.

thanks for the help. i've found a used tap for the yb100 but dont know its condition. if i fail, then i'll buy some fs1e parts and give them a go.

cheers,

atocp

thanks for the help. i've found a used tap for the yb100 but dont know its condition. if i fail, then i'll buy some fs1e parts and give them a go.

cheers,

atocp

Hi

If you need dimensions I can measure the parts on my YB and you can check them against the FS1E ones. From memory the rear brake switch is the same but I could speak for the other parts - keep looking on fleabay YB parts do come up from time to time.

Good luck :D

Hi

If you need dimensions I can measure the parts on my YB and you can check them against the FS1E ones. From memory the rear brake switch is the same but I could speak for the other parts - keep looking on fleabay YB parts do come up from time to time.

Good luck :D

Cheers for the help. I have just successfully bought some of the parts from ebay that i was needing. as for the others, its gonna be out with the measuring tape and for some springs. i'll find out what parts i am going to be needing next.

thanks again for the offer, very much appreciated.

atocp

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online