engine upgrade

swanseamartin
This post is 5886 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a dragstar xvs 125 and was wondering has anyone ever pulled the engine out and upgraded it to a bigger one. does anyone know if it is possible for a start. i have a dream, after seeing the bobber bikes in BSH magazine, was wondering if anyone has bobbed or chopped an xvs 125. if you have i would be interested in speaking to you.

i hope this is not too much of a stupid idea, but i love the bike...

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey man I'm actually in the exact same position as you. I've been thinking about it for a while but sinceI'm not gonna buy a new bike this year I've decided to get into customising the dragstar. Give me a shout if you're still looking to or if you've got anywhere with it. I've found a few nice examples that I can send you too.They're not the easiest things to find lol.

i have a dragstar xvs 125 and was wondering has anyone ever pulled the engine out and upgraded it to a bigger one. does anyone know if it is possible for a start. i have a dream, after seeing the bobber bikes in BSH magazine, was wondering if anyone has bobbed or chopped an xvs 125. if you have i would be interested in speaking to you.

i hope this is not too much of a stupid idea, but i love the bike...

Guys it's a 250 frame, if you don't mind taking a chance why dont you put a 250 engine in it ? Just look at it you couldn't fit a larger engine in it so the one you've got is probably the same as the 250. You could try looking down that avenue of thought. Mabe you could bore the barrels out and fit oversize pistons and rings.

These are only suggestions though as I havn't done the research YET! But bare in mind, the 125 is worth more than the 250 because it's learner legal so engine swop fine, engine change probably not recamended.

OGRi

PS you could always sell it and buy a 250

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online